The Investment Fund 'Bukovyna' is more than an investment fund. It is a unique infrastructure aimed at entrepreneurship development in the Chernivtsi region including:
- Effective self-funding financial instrument for small and medium-sized business support;
- System of background exchange and cooperation between experienced entrepreneurs and newcomers;
- Cooperation with educational establishments for science commercialization and youth entrepreneurship development;
- Realization of educational programs for enhancement of management quality and improvement of business investment attractiveness in regions;
- Public relations support of the Fund's activities aiming at popularization of entrepreneurship culture.
The Fund started operating on April 23, 2012. The establishment of the Fund was initiated by the President of the Federation of Employers of Ukraine Mr. Dmitry Firtash. The capital managed by the Fund equals 3 million UAH. The Fund's capital was donated by Dmitry Firtash and four Chernivtsi business people: Ms. Stella Stankevych, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors, 'Trembita' company; Mr. Vyacheslav Dobrovolsky, Preseident, 'TechnoPlus' company; Mr. Victor Sidliar, CEO, 'Chernivtsi mashzavod'; and Mr. Ivan Semeniuk, CEO 'Rodnichok' company.
According to the classification of the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the Investment Fund 'Bukovyna' is a form of social entrepreneurship (Social business ventures), where fund's investors are more interested in social dividends from their investments. The resulting profits are reinvested for further development of the project, and not distributed among investors.
To find out more about financing terms.